Library Services Update (as of 21 JUNE 2021)
The library building is partially open to the public
Front doors unlocked from – 0900-1700, Monday-Friday
- FULLY VACCINATED patrons (who are least two weeks beyond their final dose) are no longer required to wear a mask.
- The library continues social distancing of 6ft. and sanitation protocols.
- Course reserves textbooks and electives titles available for checkout by students & faculty.
- 2nd floor access for ACADEMIC use. Limited seating available on 2nd.
- All other library materials (Children’s, fiction, graphic novels, young adult books, DVD’s, video games, and CD audiobooks) will continue with book pull requests through the Ask a Librarian form.
- Must be a library cardholder
- Limit of 10 items of nonacademic materials.
- This procedure only applies to materials that are currently checked in. For materials currently checked out, select the Reserve button from that material's record to start the process.
- Circulation desk is open for book pull pickups, checkouts & interlibrary loan.
- Reference requests through the Ask a Librarian form.
- Archives requests through the Ask a Librarian form.
- Microfilm/microfiche machines available by appointment – make appointment through the Ask a Librarian form.
- CARL databases are available 24/7. Must be a library cardholder to access subscription databases.
- Public computers/copiers (commercial, non NIPR) are available. Number available reduced due to social distancing, computer support may be limited at times.
- Summer Reading Program will be conducted virtually on 31 May.
- Learning Resource Center open for one-on-one appointments.
- Children’s Library room is closed to the public.
- Fiction, graphic novels, children & young adult books, DVDs, & video games are CLOSED for browsing.
- No available meeting/study rooms.
- Returned library material are required to spend 3 days in quarantine before they are CHECKED IN and then made available for checkout. They will remain on your account during this quarantine period.